Things we did for our application preparation - hopefully it helps others! - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3Likes

Things we did for our application preparation - hopefully it helps others! - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 22
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
One big assignment for sure.

One thing this whole exercise will do is definitely tell you if the two of you are good for each other. And in getting all the required information together it pretty much guarantees you'll know more about your fiancÚ in a shorter amount of time than you would have otherwise.

good luck with it all.

__________________

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 60
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
czerney,

yeah, well we already know that we are good for one another otherwise we wouldn't be going through all of this...

Regarding, the evidence which is required that we intend to marry within 9 months of the visa being granted...

We have set an approximate date later next year, which I have mentioned in my written statement, but we have yet to decide what we are going to do. i.e. church, celebrant, or simply attend the registry...

So, how do I prove this?

Will be sending in the App. for the 'Single Status Certificate' to BDM tomorrow.

One more thing:

On the 'Single Status Certificate' form in the 'Details of Search Required' section, it asks 'Years to be Searched From'. Do I write say, today's date and go back 10 yrs.

How many years do I go back? To my 18th birthday?


Last edited by twww; 09-26-2011 at 06:10 AM.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 22
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
You should thoroughly read through http://repository.australia.or.jp/em..._checklist.pdf which you can find from following the relevant links on the Australian embassy website in Japan. This talks about what you'll need to prove you intend to marry within the 9 months. Yes you'll need to make a booking for your wedding - it's the basis for the visa you're applying for.

I'm not sure about your "single status certificate" issue. We weren't required to submit.

Seriously though, it seems you've got a few questions and as each application isn't identical I think it might pay for you to get some qualified advice. Sure it's not cheap but a good one is worth every cent - at the end of the day it's worth it to make sure everything is done and dusted properly.

If you still insist you're up to the job of going it solo - you're going to have to be extra diligent to make sure you've adequately addressed and obtained all the required information.

__________________

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 159
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerney View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]
While you're waiting
.. be careful about her coming to Australia on a tourist visa. My understanding (note I'm not qualified here just going by advice I've received) is that they must remain outside of Australia for the duration of the application .......
Cheers and good luck!
I am sorry, but that is simply plain wrong.

If the applicant is still in Australia at the time a decision is ready to be made, Diac inform you that you should leave the country and inform them at what Aus embassy you wish to attend re the outcome of your application.

Simple as that. Your tourist visa is not going to override your 309 app.

There is no reason at all not to apply for a tourist visa whilst waiting ifthat's what you want to do. Note that you will still have to satisfy all the usual criteria such as adequate funds for the duration of your stay, reason to return (the 309 app is an excellent reason in itself) etc etc
Cheers.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 22
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboadam View Post
I am sorry, but that is simply plain wrong.

If the applicant is still in Australia at the time a decision is ready to be made, Diac inform you that you should leave the country and inform them at what Aus embassy you wish to attend re the outcome of your application.

Simple as that. Your tourist visa is not going to override your 309 app.

There is no reason at all not to apply for a tourist visa whilst waiting ifthat's what you want to do. Note that you will still have to satisfy all the usual criteria such as adequate funds for the duration of your stay, reason to return (the 309 app is an excellent reason in itself) etc etc
Cheers.
I'm just quoting what a migration agent has told me to be aware of in our own situation due to a situation where this has occurred. As a matter of course I treat any advice that you, or any other member of this forum (including myself) as a FYI only NOT to be relied upon explicitly for any given circumstance - instead it should form a basis for questions that should be pointed to a professional qualified to give an answer.

That said what you say flies in the face of what a lot of people on this forum have experienced - i.e., they have zero interaction DIAC for months and then bang - application approved. No contact at all prior.

I personally try to comment to err on the side of caution so that if I'm wrong, it is hopefully of least detrimental affect to that person.

__________________

  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 60
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerney View Post
You should thoroughly read through http://repository.australia.or.jp/em..._checklist.pdf which you can find from following the relevant links on the Australian embassy website in Japan. This talks about what you'll need to prove you intend to marry within the 9 months. Yes you'll need to make a booking for your wedding - it's the basis for the visa you're applying for.

I'm not sure about your "single status certificate" issue. We weren't required to submit.

Seriously though, it seems you've got a few questions and as each application isn't identical I think it might pay for you to get some qualified advice. Sure it's not cheap but a good one is worth every cent - at the end of the day it's worth it to make sure everything is done and dusted properly.

If you still insist you're up to the job of going it solo - you're going to have to be extra diligent to make sure you've adequately addressed and obtained all the required information.
Yes, a few questions I certainly do have. Though, as our application is pretty straight forward, We have decided, thus far, that there is no need for a migration agent.

Understood. Guess We both really need to make a decision as to how, where, we're going to get hitched to satisfy this criteria!

To clarify, the "single status certificate" issue that I mentioned is in the Document Checklist from the Tokyo AU Office. Page 4, under the 'Prospective Marriage (fiance) Category', third box to be checked.

As for traveling whilst the application is in process. I believe I read in the partner migration booklet(page 46), that an applicant can travel, but should inform the department beforehand.

Regards


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 159
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
1 likes given
My issue was only with your 1 statement -

"My understanding (note I'm not qualified here just going by advice I've received) is that they must remain outside of Australia for the duration of the application."


I am factually correct in my first post. You simply cannot argue that your above statement is correct, because it is not.

Diac facilitated my wife's tourist visa (actually on 2 occasions now) knowing full well that a 309 app is currenly in processing, we actually told them so also in the 676 app!

Diac cannot make a determination on your Partner visa application. IE> it is illegal for them to make a determination if you are in Australia).

"That said what you say flies in the face of what a lot of people on this forum have experienced - i.e., they have zero interaction DIAC for months and then bang - application approved. No contact at all prior".

Fact: If you were in Aus they MUST contact you to tell you to remove yourself from Australia (and then MUST wait till you do so) so that a decision can be made on your app. Simple as that.

Look, it's your choice, if you want your otherr half here or not during processing, but pls don't post up incorrect info (as per your first post).

Fact: My wife (Thailand) is currently here on a 6 mnth 676 tourist visa whilst waiting on the processing of the 309 Partner Visa.

Fact: It is NOW a protocol of the Aus embassy in Thailand that 3 months is the max given on any tourist visa app during a 309 processing.

Fact: Diac also supplied the ehealth (now 100% mandatory in Thailand) request so that my wife could do the medical prior to coming to Australia, because she was doing so.


Maybe your migration agent is not quite up to speed, I know mine is and I'm enjoying my wife's company for the remaining 3 months!


Last edited by Turboadam; 09-27-2011 at 04:49 AM.

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 22
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by twww View Post
Yes, a few questions I certainly do have. Though, as our application is pretty straight forward, We have decided, thus far, that there is no need for a migration agent.

Understood. Guess We both really need to make a decision as to how, where, we're going to get hitched to satisfy this criteria!

To clarify, the "single status certificate" issue that I mentioned is in the Document Checklist from the Tokyo AU Office. Page 4, under the 'Prospective Marriage (fiance) Category', third box to be checked.

As for traveling whilst the application is in process. I believe I read in the partner migration booklet(page 46), that an applicant can travel, but should inform the department beforehand.

Regards
Just had a bit of another search and I did find mention that you can visit on a tourist visa as well - so both you and Turboadam might have it correct. Seems to be a bit of conflicting info around though given my migration agents advice - not being allowed to visit your offshore partner in Australia is a would be pretty rough.

__________________

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 159
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerney View Post
Just had a bit of another search and I did find mention that you can visit on a tourist visa as well - so both you and Turboadam might have it correct. Seems to be a bit of conflicting info around though given my migration agents advice - not being allowed to visit your offshore partner in Australia is a would be pretty rough.

czerney, did you see my post above yours just now?


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 22
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboadam View Post
My issue was only with your 1 statement -

"My understanding (note I'm not qualified here just going by advice I've received) is that they must remain outside of Australia for the duration of the application."


I am factually correct in my first post. You simply cannot argue that your above statement is correct, because it is not.

Diac facilitated my wife's tourist visa (actually on 2 occasions now) knowing full well that a 309 app is currenly in processing, we actually told them so also in the 676 app!

Diac cannot make a determination on your Partner visa application. IE> it is illegal for them to make a determination if you are in Australia).

"That said what you say flies in the face of what a lot of people on this forum have experienced - i.e., they have zero interaction DIAC for months and then bang - application approved. No contact at all prior".

Fact: If you were in Aus they MUST contact you to tell you to remove yourself from Australia (and then MUST wait till you do so) so that a decision can be made on your app. Simple as that.

Look, it's your choice, if you want your otherr half here or not during processing, but pls don't post up incorrect info (as per your first post).

Fact: My wife (Thailand) is currently here on a 6 mnth 676 tourist visa whilst waiting on the processing of the 309 Partner Visa.

Fact: It is NOW a protocol of the Aus embassy in Thailand that 3 months is the max given on any tourist visa app during a 309 processing.

Fact: Diac also supplied the ehealth (now 100% mandatory in Thailand) request so that my wife could do the medical prior to coming to Australia, because she was doing so.


Maybe your migration agent is not quite up to speed, I know mine is and I'm enjoying my wife's company for the remaining 3 months!
I'm not saying you're incorrect and you most likely aren't, but it doesn't explain the case my migration agent who is extremely diligent has discovered on this instance.

As far as posting incorrect information, we all do out best to help each other in the KNOWLEDGE we aren't all professionals and we don't post stuff up to mislead people intentionally. Retrospectively getting annoyed at me for posting about it in the first instance helps us how?

Either way mate, I'm glad its working out for you and you're happy spending time with your partner. It's not a choice my partner and I have due to circumstances particular to us with previous visa's. Fortunately I have the capacity to spend time with her regularly in Japan instead.

__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can anyone helps me out pls jameswong Jobs and work 1 08-23-2011 11:45 AM
need some helps with Syllabus for Accountant paul_dx Visas and immigration 0 06-05-2011 06:04 AM
Spousal Visa Preparation Advice aussie_girl Visas and immigration 2 12-14-2010 05:33 AM
English School for IELTS Preparation Kiwisoft Education 0 08-25-2010 11:06 AM
need you helps pls.... r1987 Visas and immigration 1 05-02-2009 04:08 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com