Certified Copies - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

Certified Copies - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 219
Users Flag! From philippines

15 likes received
3 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to allansarh
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMkddj View Post
Hiya,
Yes you're right! You have to submit your passport along with TV application. I also applied TV a week after lodging PMV. And it was granted. Good luck to you!

Cheers,
IMkddj


Hi IMkddj,where did u lodge your PMV? is it here in manila, philippines? how did u do that lodge your PMV then after a week the TV?how many months u apply for TV?what reason u gave them why will u wish to have the TV? pls help me coz i wish to have a TV after lodging my PMV on the second week of August this year.by the way im a filipina?are u filipina too?


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by allansarh

Hi IMkddj,where did u lodge your PMV? is it here in manila, philippines? how did u do that lodge your PMV then after a week the TV?how many months u apply for TV?what reason u gave them why will u wish to have the TV? pls help me coz i wish to have a TV after lodging my PMV on the second week of August this year.by the way im a filipina?are u filipina too?
Yes I'm a Filipina
Yes I lodged it in Australian Embassy - Manila. Me and my partner, fiance that time, were saddened by the fact that we're away after being together for 3 months in Sydney. Went here for 3 months prior to PMV application.

So yea we lodged PMV then decided to lodged another TV visa. I used my Fiance visa as a reason to come back to Philippines for the decision. Then our couple friend are getting married, so they wrote a letter that they want me to attend the said occasion, so I submitted the TV application with that letter, together with their wedd. invitation. It was granted. But only a 3 months TV because my CO told me I just came back from OZ. So he can only grant me a 3 months tourist visa. But it was ok. Better that nothing

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From india

7 likes received
6 likes given
Dear IMkddj

A quick doubt / thought came into my mind regarding certified copies.

Do we have to give original documents regarding NOIM, Impediment Certificates, Statutory declaration etc. OR, certified copies of all these documents ?

When I gave a deeper thought, we can take copies from all the original documents [except police clearance], get them certified and sent to immi ! right ?

or is it that ..some documents have to be original [like police certificate / NOIM / application form] and that other remaining supporting documents have to certified ?

A little bit confused now !


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebinmoothedam
Dear IMkddj

A quick doubt / thought came into my mind regarding certified copies.

Do we have to give original documents regarding NOIM, Impediment Certificates, Statutory declaration etc. OR, certified copies of all these documents ?

When I gave a deeper thought, we can take copies from all the original documents [except police clearance], get them certified and sent to immi ! right ?

or is it that ..some documents have to be original [like police certificate / NOIM / application form] and that other remaining supporting documents have to certified ?

A little bit confused now !
Hi Ebinmoothedam,
NOIM doesn't need to be certified. Just give the copy that your celebrant gave you. Be sure to make a copy for yourself to keep. Just in case, it was lost and they request another one. In Certificate of Singleness, I'm not sure, depends on Embassy where you're planning to lodge your application.
Because when I submitted mine, I requested from my country, and they sent it directly to the embassy. They do not accept birth certificate and singleness certificate that doesn't go through that process.

Statutory Declaration doesn't need to be certified because someone needs to witness it anyway.
By the way, are talking you about Stat dec from you or from friends and family??

If from you you can write it in a plain paper, put the date and sign it. If its from friends and family, you have to use your Form 888 and go to an authorised certifying officer

To make my answer clear, submit the original copy of NOIM, police clearance. Certified the singleness certificate, depends where you're gonna submit it. If they accept certified or what the original. But I reckon certified will do. Stat dec from friends and family need not to be certified because someone need to witness it anyway.
Forms from applicant and sponsor just need sign from them (You and your partner).

Let me know if you have more question.

Cheers,
IMkddj

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From india

7 likes received
6 likes given
Dear IMkddj


Thanks for the response. Yes I understood the concept. Those documents (except police clearance certificate) that relate to applicant and the sponsor's identity and character are to be submitted as certified copies. The other documents that relate to the relationship, marriage etc are to be witnessed and sent in original. This is what I understand now. I was thinking we will keep the originals of all the documents(after getting it witnessed) except the police certificate, and certify it that they are copies of original document and sent them to visa officer. But it seems we need to send original copies of document that support the evidence of relationship.

Also, "non-impediment certificate", the one that proves you are single, is not available in India...or I could not find more information about it. So I plan to write it as a statutory declaration claiming I am single and then witnessing it by a notary public.

This is one concern I have.

Thanks


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebinmoothedam
Dear IMkddj

Thanks for the response. Yes I understood the concept. Those documents (except police clearance certificate) that relate to applicant and the sponsor's identity and character are to be submitted as certified copies. The other documents that relate to the relationship, marriage etc are to be witnessed and sent in original. This is what I understand now. I was thinking we will keep the originals of all the documents(after getting it witnessed) except the police certificate, and certify it that they are copies of original document and sent them to visa officer. But it seems we need to send original copies of document that support the evidence of relationship.

Also, "non-impediment certificate", the one that proves you are single, is not available in India...or I could not find more information about it. So I plan to write it as a statutory declaration claiming I am single and then witnessing it by a notary public.

This is one concern I have.

Thanks
Hello again ebinmoothedam,
What kind of relationship evidences do you mean, if its like for financial, like bank statement, letter from the bank. It doesn't need to be certified. A copy will do.

If its for social context, like cards, you can have it certified,

If evidences like screenshot from phone, email. A copy will do.

If the document had been certified you have to send the original document that has been signed by a qualified certifying officer. Not a photocopy of that. You can make a copy of that and keep for your own records. Just be sure to submit the copy where the signature was originally signed.

Character requirement, like Police clearance doesn't need to be certified. Just send the original.

Marriage certificate don't need to be witnessed. Because it has seal from marriage registry. But needs to submit a certified copy.

If you can't find way to get singleness certificate

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebinmoothedam
Dear IMkddj

Thanks for the response. Yes I understood the concept. Those documents (except police clearance certificate) that relate to applicant and the sponsor's identity and character are to be submitted as certified copies. The other documents that relate to the relationship, marriage etc are to be witnessed and sent in original. This is what I understand now. I was thinking we will keep the originals of all the documents(after getting it witnessed) except the police certificate, and certify it that they are copies of original document and sent them to visa officer. But it seems we need to send original copies of document that support the evidence of relationship.

Also, "non-impediment certificate", the one that proves you are single, is not available in India...or I could not find more information about it. So I plan to write it as a statutory declaration claiming I am single and then witnessing it by a notary public.

This is one concern I have.

Thanks
Hello again ebinmoothedam,
What kind of relationship evidences do you mean, if its like for financial, like bank statement, letter from the bank. It doesn't need to be certified. A copy will do.

If its for social context, like cards, you can have it certified,

If evidences like screenshot from phone, email. A copy will do.

If the document had been certified you have to send the original document that has been signed by a qualified certifying officer. Not a photocopy of that. You can make a copy of that and keep for your own records. Just be sure to submit the copy where the signature was originally signed.

Character requirement, like Police clearance doesn't need to be certified. Just send the original.

Marriage certificate don't need to be witnessed. Because it has seal from marriage registry. But needs to submit a certified copy.

If you can't find way to get singleness certificate, my advice is call embassy and ask them about what you can do.

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From india

7 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMkddj View Post
If the document had been certified you have to send the original document that has been signed by a qualified certifying officer. Not a photocopy of that. You can make a copy of that and keep for your own records. Just be sure to submit the copy where the signature was originally signed.
Yes. Got it.

Regarding the singleness certificate, will check with the embassy and will update here so it will be helpful for others also.


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebinmoothedam

Yes. Got it.

Regarding the singleness certificate, will check with the embassy and will update here so it will be helpful for others also.
Good luck on your application. You'll be fine

Cheers,
IMkddj

ebinmoothedam likes this.

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Certified Copies of Documents in United States Binky Visas and immigration 3 09-07-2012 03:47 AM
Copies or original letters/cards/etc GermanGirl Visas and immigration 7 08-04-2012 04:04 AM
Certified true copies Naish_82 Visas and immigration 15 09-08-2011 11:05 AM
certifying the copies dianmarie007 Visas and immigration 2 07-28-2011 02:23 PM
Quick Question re Certified Copies missmullen Visas and immigration 2 07-20-2011 03:02 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com