Partner Visa 309 - Sponsor and Partner both living outside Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By imran12
  • 2 Post By mmis4167
  • 5 Post By Mish
  • 1 Post By CCMS
  • 1 Post By EDT
  • 1 Post By mmis4167

Partner Visa 309 - Sponsor and Partner both living outside Australia


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From pakistan

1 likes received
1 likes given
Partner Visa 309 - Sponsor and Partner both living outside Australia

Hello guys,
I am new to this forum and would just like to post a query here to get an expert advice from you people. I have Australian PR and I made an entry in Australia for around 15 days in June 2014. I live with my wife in Pakistan and I have plans to move to Australia permanently with my wife sometime in 2015 but obviously my wife doesn't have a visa so I need to apply a partner visa for her.

So, my question is that since I have spent only 15 days in Australia, will there be a problem if I apply a Partner visa for my wife. Secondly, in form 40SP, it states that if you are not residing in Australia then you need to tell them how you will meet your sponsorship obligations. I don't have a lot of savings or assets to show them but I want to apply for her now so that by the time I go to Australia and find a job there, I would be able to call her quickly without much delay since her VISA would already be in process.

Another thing is that my sister and brother-in-law are Australian citizens. So, can I get their statements which say that they would be supporting us initially after we move to Australia till the time we get a job? Will that be sufficient to fulfill the sponsorship obligation?

Please do reply ASAP. I am really worried about this and want to apply for my wife really soon.

Thanks

craigloveskjell likes this.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 73
Users Flag! From australia

25 likes received
7 likes given
the question was asked and answered many times before. use search option next time before you ask

here is the link to Mark thread and his answer

australiaforum dot com/534282-post3052 dot html

(sorry for dots - remove them - as i am apparently not able to post any links )

Fairytale and craigloveskjell like this.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
As you are a PR you will need to be able to demonstrate that you are a usually resident of Australia. You will have to show evidence that you are usually a resident of Australia. This usually comes in the form of a job, house etc. It will help that you have family that are citizens of Australia. It is usually suggested not to apply until you have a job etc in Australia.

The decision will be the case officers, they are the ones who determine if you meet the criteria.

Having statements from your family saying that they will support you is good too.

mmis4167 - On this forum we are here to help people regardless of if the same question has been asked before. There are few questions that pop up time and time again but we answer them with the answers they need. Please remember to be polite when answering questions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2014, 07:37 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,579
Users Flag! From australia

2432 likes received
187 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by imran12 View Post
Hello guys,
I am new to this forum and would just like to post a query here to get an expert advice from you people. I have Australian PR and I made an entry in Australia for around 15 days in June 2014. I live with my wife in Pakistan and I have plans to move to Australia permanently with my wife sometime in 2015 but obviously my wife doesn't have a visa so I need to apply a partner visa for her.

So, my question is that since I have spent only 15 days in Australia, will there be a problem if I apply a Partner visa for my wife. Secondly, in form 40SP, it states that if you are not residing in Australia then you need to tell them how you will meet your sponsorship obligations. I don't have a lot of savings or assets to show them but I want to apply for her now so that by the time I go to Australia and find a job there, I would be able to call her quickly without much delay since her VISA would already be in process.

Another thing is that my sister and brother-in-law are Australian citizens. So, can I get their statements which say that they would be supporting us initially after we move to Australia till the time we get a job? Will that be sufficient to fulfill the sponsorship obligation?

Please do reply ASAP. I am really worried about this and want to apply for my wife really soon.

Thanks
As you are not an Australian citizen, you must provide evidence that you are "usually resident" in Australia. Look through some of my old posts as I have responded to similar queries before.

craigloveskjell likes this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
EDT's Avatar
EDT EDT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 563
Users Flag! From australia

161 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
It is usually suggested not to apply until you have a job in Australia.
I thought you could sponsor somoene even with no job. Me that was about to resign from my current job so I could be next to hubby until the decision is ready. Correct me here if I'm wrong

craigloveskjell likes this.
__________________
Visa: Subclass 309/100
Applied: Australian Embassy in Madrid
Lodged: June 5, 2014
Medicals and finger prints: supplied 3 weeks later after lodging applicafion
Case Officer Allocation: straight away
309 Grant Date: 23/01/2015
Arrival in Australia: 24 April 2015
Visa Subclass 100: submitted May 2016
Visa subclass 100 grant : 19 October 2017
Citizenship eligibility: 24 April 2019

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT View Post
I thought you could sponsor somoene even with no job. Me that was about to resign from my current job so I could be next to hubby until the decision is ready. Correct me here if I'm wrong
Australian citizens can. Australian PRs can if they are already usually resident in Australia. It's much harder for those who have not lived there.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 73
Users Flag! From australia

25 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
mmis4167 - On this forum we are here to help people regardless of if the same question has been asked before. There are few questions that pop up time and time again but we answer them with the answers they need. Please remember to be polite when answering questions.
Mish,

with all due respect, I think, that remanding of using search option is more a way to built a respect for contributing members than impolite style of answering some questions.

Regs

martin

Fairytale likes this.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From pakistan

1 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
As you are a PR you will need to be able to demonstrate that you are a usually resident of Australia. You will have to show evidence that you are usually a resident of Australia. This usually comes in the form of a job, house etc. It will help that you have family that are citizens of Australia. It is usually suggested not to apply until you have a job etc in Australia.

The decision will be the case officers, they are the ones who determine if you meet the criteria.

Having statements from your family saying that they will support you is good too.

mmis4167 - On this forum we are here to help people regardless of if the same question has been asked before. There are few questions that pop up time and time again but we answer them with the answers they need. Please remember to be polite when answering questions.
Thanks for the reply Mish. I got your point that applying after getting a job in Australia will significantly increase the chances of my partner getting a 309 visa. I also know that once I apply 309 for my partner, I can also call her on visit visa. However, I would like to apply for a 12 month visit visa then so that she could stay with me till the time she gets her 309 visa.

My question to you is, is it possible for her to get a 12 month visit visa? Should I specifically tell them that I want to be with her and it will be very difficult for us to be without each other and that's why I want to call her to Australia so that during 309 processing she could be with me? OR she wont get a 12 month visa in any case?

Also, is there a restriction to the number of visit visas one could get in a year specially in case of high risk countries in this case Pakistan?


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by imran12 View Post
Thanks for the reply Mish. I got your point that applying after getting a job in Australia will significantly increase the chances of my partner getting a 309 visa. I also know that once I apply 309 for my partner, I can also call her on visit visa. However, I would like to apply for a 12 month visit visa then so that she could stay with me till the time she gets her 309 visa.

My question to you is, is it possible for her to get a 12 month visit visa? Should I specifically tell them that I want to be with her and it will be very difficult for us to be without each other and that's why I want to call her to Australia so that during 309 processing she could be with me? OR she wont get a 12 month visa in any case?

Also, is there a restriction to the number of visit visas one could get in a year specially in case of high risk countries in this case Pakistan?
Honestly, with high risk countries nobody knows what the outcome unlike low risk where we know they will get approved.

Generally they will grant 12 month visa's with a max stay of 3 months, they don't grant 12 months without exit very often.

Because you are married you have the option of either applying for a family sponsored visitor visa or a normal visitor visa. However, because you are not settled in Australia for a reasonable period of time you probably are unable to do a family sponsored visa (you can check with Mark on this one).

Therefore you only option would be a normal tourist visa which may be hard to get. I am unsure what the success rates are for tourist visa's from Pakistan are. You will need to provide as much evidence as you can to show that your wife will depart Australia when the visa finishes (hard when applying for a partner visa). You can do a covering letter explaining how you have applied for a partner visa and you know she has to be offshore when the decision is made on it. You can also provide things like approved leave from her job and showing she has a job to go back to along with a house lease or mortgage. Your wife will also need to show she can support herself in Australia. You can provide your bank statement showing you can support her but it is up to the embassy if they will take that information or not, some will take it into account and others will not.

Good-luck with it . If you have any further questions please let me know


Closed Thread

Tags
sponsor and partner living outside aus, sponsor spent 15 days in aus, sponsorship obligation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa if Sponsor is living overseas? Dingo Visas and immigration 3 11-08-2014 08:33 PM
309 Partner visa - Sponsor to be usually resident in Australia ihtisham20 Visas and immigration 3 11-02-2014 08:45 PM
Partner Visa 309 - Evidence of Living Together Dylan Visas and immigration 9 09-17-2013 04:42 PM
309 Partner Visa - Restrictions on living out of Australia? bowcon Visas and immigration 1 08-28-2013 02:02 AM
practicalities of living in Australia on a partner visa & general partner visa stuff Freya Visas and immigration 0 07-05-2011 04:52 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com