50% price increase for partner visa! - Page 29

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree215Likes

50% price increase for partner visa! - Page 29


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #281 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2015, 02:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 308
Users Flag! From france

90 likes received
3 likes given
Make sure with your bank that they lift the threshold of your card as I think usually it is just around 2000$
Also make sure you can pay by debut and not credit card - I remember reading something about this.
Just to let you know your partner can pay as well (of she had a reward credit card it might be worth doing it)

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #282 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2015, 02:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From taiwan

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita22 View Post

Hi Thank you for your reply, So mine would be around another 74$ for new price.
I'm so nervous now cause I have to do it online on my last day of my visa
Just hope the immi online system will not have any problem.
I totally understand your feeling....
If you are worried about that issue, why don't you apply a few days earlier? ( I mean of course if you could.)
Anyway, good luck, once you fill out each step, just press the save button in case you forget the time, and the system just automatically logout without saving anything you just filled out.
:-)


  #283 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2015, 02:38 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From thailand

3 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by fate1217 View Post
I totally understand your feeling....
If you are worried about that issue, why don't you apply a few days earlier? ( I mean of course if you could.)
Anyway, good luck, once you fill out each step, just press the save button in case you forget the time, and the system just automatically logout without saving anything you just filled out.
:-)
I can not apply earlier due to I need to have 12 months exactly to apply for defacto thats why i have to wait. And I also start fill out and saved some on immi account since last week.

Thank you anyway . Good luck to you too.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #284 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 05:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heats View Post
Good grief... is this about the cost going up? or just and opportunity to voice your beef with the PM?

I hear way too much about how greedy the government is.. do you have any idea how good the Aussie government is??? yes it has parts that suck... but I can tell you Aussie's have it way better than almost everyone else. Running a country cost money.. lots of it. Labor spent too much (as it does) and the PM is now working on paying off the debt and getting spending under control.

Good news! you have a choice, if you don't like the fee, don't pay it. stay where you are.. if you are in Australia and want to be with a loved one oversea.. go live there...

I know it sucks but it is what it is... and as for that Aussie Attitude.. I lived in Australia for about 7 years, working to get back now... I don't recall whining and complaining being a big part of that.
heats - your comments are about as disgusting as the huge 50% increase ! what makes people like you tick and how quickly you would change your tune if you
were personally affected by this draconian measure for whatever reason, financial resources etc !!


  #285 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 12:52 PM
WendyB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 63
Users Flag! From usa

31 likes received
119 likes given
I shouldn't be surprised at how one-sided some people are about this.
Government doesn't work for free nor do government workers. They have a right to a fair wage just like everyone else. It isn't like they can just pick up anyone's application and approve it in 5 minutes.
In addition, you are paying for all the people applying for refuge status as well as all the queue-jumping boat people. And lets not mention all the people who have migrated to AUS and then spend the rest of their lives on government assistance.
That type of support doesn't come cheap and someone ends up paying for them......someone like you and I.

iduno and Aria like this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #286 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 77
Users Flag! From australia

21 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
I shouldn't be surprised at how one-sided some people are about this.
Government doesn't work for free nor do government workers. They have a right to a fair wage just like everyone else. It isn't like they can just pick up anyone's application and approve it in 5 minutes.
In addition, you are paying for all the people applying for refuge status as well as all the queue-jumping boat people. And lets not mention all the people who have migrated to AUS and then spend the rest of their lives on government assistance.
That type of support doesn't come cheap and someone ends up paying for them......someone like you and I.
Wendy, is this post serious?

__________________
From: Turkey
Applied: 29 Dec 14
Visa Sub Class: 309/100 Partner permanent Offshore
Application Made Via: Online
Medicals Submitted: 30 Jan 15
Police Checks Submitted: 29 Dec 14
Visa Granted: 04 Feb 15

  #287 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
I shouldn't be surprised at how one-sided some people are about this.
Government doesn't work for free nor do government workers. They have a right to a fair wage just like everyone else. It isn't like they can just pick up anyone's application and approve it in 5 minutes.
In addition, you are paying for all the people applying for refuge status as well as all the queue-jumping boat people. And lets not mention all the people who have migrated to AUS and then spend the rest of their lives on government assistance.
That type of support doesn't come cheap and someone ends up paying for them......someone like you and I.
'Queue-jumping boat people' - Just wow. Would these not be those who are seeking refugee/asylum status? Getting on a rickety boat and braving the sea, threat of pirates and starvation/dehydration with young children for months is so preferable isn't it? The shroud surrounding the meaning of 'queue jumping' and 'boat people' is so insidious, negative and misconceived I suggest you utilise some other lexicon.

I'm curious, of 'all the people', how many do you actually know of personally and not through subjective media reports and general conjecture in society? I doubt there'd be any offical surveys on the subject and/or self report data concerning it.

And on your final point, be careful in making it before you ascertain the premises.


  #288 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 05:06 PM
WendyB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 63
Users Flag! From usa

31 likes received
119 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
'Queue-jumping boat people' - Just wow. Would these not be those who are seeking refugee/asylum status? Getting on a rickety boat and braving the sea, threat of pirates and starvation/dehydration with young children for months is so preferable isn't it? The shroud surrounding the meaning of 'queue jumping' and 'boat people' is so insidious, negative and misconceived I suggest you utilise some other lexicon.

I'm curious, of 'all the people', how many do you actually know of personally and not through subjective media reports and general conjecture in society? I doubt there'd be any offical surveys on the subject and/or self report data concerning it.

And on your final point, be careful in making it before you ascertain the premises.
Someone needed to provide a counterpoint to all the whinging going on in this thread. I repeat, government doesn't work for free.

let me ask you something. For all the people who are waiting their turn in a refugee camp, some for many years, why should they have to be shoved back in the line because some choose to enter Australia illegally?
The queue jumpers spend 10's of thousands of dollars to do so rather than apply legally and wait their turn.

I personally don't know any. Do you? But I can read the news reports and other economic reports......... Oh and you are free to prove me wrong.

iduno and Aria like this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #289 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,916
Users Flag! From australia

607 likes received
130 likes given
Wow that got out of hand quickly!
Remember everyone has the right to their own opinion and they should not be personally attacked just because they have expressed it.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #290 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 332
Users Flag! From usa

142 likes received
44 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
Wow that got out of hand quickly! Remember everyone has the right to their own opinion and they should not be personally attacked just because they have expressed it.
I suggest we close this thread as it has become contentious and off-topic.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visa 820 July Price Increase? LouElla Visas and immigration 8 12-16-2014 06:22 AM
Partner Visa - already paid in December - asked to pay fee increase Ralf Visas and immigration 4 01-02-2013 04:33 AM
Will the increase in visa prices be counter-productive? Editor Visas and immigration 5 12-21-2012 10:48 AM
Onshore Partner Visa fee increase Ger Visas and immigration 10 12-10-2012 03:56 AM
Campaign launched against working holiday visa price increase Editor Issues and current events 0 11-13-2012 08:10 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com